On the occasion of the extraordinary Holy announced by Pope Francis with 10 years in advance, you cycle along the historical pilgrimage of the seven churches, and guests you can enjoy views of the Eternal City also from the blond Tiber, thus avoiding traffic and noise. The flavors of lunch del Pellegrino, a typically Roman menu, will complete this pleasant day.
Since Pope Boniface VIII instituted the Jubilee in 1300, Rome has become the main destination of pilgrimage for Catholics and the heart of world Christianity.
These seven churches became famous in the mid-sixteenth century thanks to St. Philip Blacks who spent most of his life in assistance to the pilgrims. The number seven is tied to the Seven Stations of the Cross of Jesus and the sacraments. The pilgrims had to visit them all and this tour allows you to do it in 6 hours! They are all beautiful and full of art and history.
Stops on the tour:
- Santa Maria Maggiore (the oldest church dedicated to Mary)
- San Lorenzo (the burial place of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr)
- Santa Croce in Gerusalemme (hosts the remains of the Passion)
- St. John Lateran (the first seat of the Popes)
- San Sebastian (church with catacombs)
- St. Paul Outside the Walls (burial place of St. Paul)
- San Pietro in Vaticano (current seat of the Catholic church)
- Citybike high-end
- Helmet and padlock
- Lunch Pilgrim