Museum:Museo Missionario di Propaganda Fide
address: Via di Propaganda 1/C
COOPERATIVA IL SOGNO
Viale Regina Margherita, 192 - 00198 ROMA
Tel. 06/184.108.40.206 Fax 06/220.127.116.11
The Missionary Museum of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, historically known as De Propaganda Fide, has the purpose of presenting to the public works, objects and narratives collected from all missionary activities in the world since the day of its establishment, June 22, 1622, until today.
The visit of the Missionary Museum is divided between technological rooms and rooms typically engaged to the exhibition of paintings and objects, all of the following narratives with audio guide that highlight their differences.
Among the many works and objects in the museum, excel in the three collections in the Sala Borgia and Missionary: the Borgia Collection, donated by the Cardinal Stefano Borgia includes a variety of antiques from all the missions of the world, the collection Cuarterón, works donated to Propaganda Fide at the hands of the missionary Carlos Cuarterón, describes the places he explored, and the Japanese Collection, belonging to the College of St.
Peter's, depicting scenes of real life Japanese.
The visit includes the use of audio guides available in Italian, English, French, Spanish and German.
There is no cost as the budget is included in the ticket price.
At the museum staff provides a wardrobe completely free, because you can not bring during the visit of the salt bulky or sharp objects such as bags of medium and large bags, backpacks and all kinds of umbrellas, as well as capture devices such as video cameras or video cameras.