info_citta in Roma - eventi info_cittaivi calcio tennis rugby maratona tutto lo info_citta di roma e provincia
Ambasciata Del Brasile di Roma
The Palazzo Pamphili, located in Parione, is facing one of the most picturesque squares and spectacular in the world.
The first core of the building located in Piazza Pasquino was bought in 1470 by Antonio Pamphili, tax attorney to the Apostolic Chamber, which immediately expanded it. The son Angelo married Emilia Millini, rich and noble Roman whose family owned several houses right on the Piazza Navona; nothing easier than to merge the property brought in dowry from Emilia to the existing building. The building of the Pamphili also grew through a series of acquisitions, until the end of the sixteenth century. But the real extension of Pamphili palace, as it appears today, was commissioned by Cardinal Giovanni Battista, who acquired, by virtue of its power, the homes of Millini and Cybo, all overlooking the square. The building was enlarged between the '40s and '50s,
Piazza Navona, 14 Roma (Rione XV Ponte) +39 06683981
up to the present size.
Around the middle of the square 600 was one of the main sites of the city is working on the building, adjacent to the buildings and in the center, the fountain was modeled destined to become its symbol. A real urban plan, in short, who would have turned this place into one of the most representative of Baroque Rome: an enclosed space, designed to inspire wonder in the visitor that, coming from narrow and dark, is amazed by so much magnificence and many masterpieces.
The palace, elegant and sober, was designed by Girolamo Rainaldi, one of the best interpreters of the seventeenth century. The architect worked on it really hard because everything had to be finished for the Jubilee of 1650. Pamphili The family lived in the palace until the middle of the 700. The last heir, Anna Pamphili, was married to Giovanni Andrea III Doria and since then the descendants who had the double surname Doria Pamphili, preferred to live another sumptuous residence in Via del Corso.
The Palace of Piazza Navona was soon after hired to cardinals and intellectuals, among whom we remember Vincenzo Monti, who lived there in 1778. In 1824 the first floor was the residence of the Minister of Russia, and later lived there BRIGNOLA Cardinal Riario Sforza and Thomas who died there in 1857.
Shortly after, the building was used as headquarters of the Accademia Filarmonica Romana, and it was then that the Roman architect Andrea Vici Busiris was called to restore the large living room located on the main floor, named after the famous composer Pierluigi da Palestrina.
During the early years of the twentieth century, part of the building was rented to retirees, while the ground floor there were shops, garages, restorers and stores of various kinds. Around 1920, a part of the building was leased to the Brazilian government, who made a diplomatic mission. At the time, little was said of this lease that the Princess Orietta Doria Pamphili had concluded with the Brazilian government. But in 1960, what was a simple lease would be transformed into the sales contract. The public and the press manifested opposing views and asked the Italian State to exercise its right of first refusal, which could be exercised within two months of notification of the deed of sale. The much-discussed purchase was perfected between October and November 1960 by the Brazilian government. The then Ambassador of Brazil Gouthier Ugo de Oliveira Gondim indissolubly linked his name to the advantageous purchase of the building for an amount of 900,000,000 lire. After just one year of purchase, the entire complex had been restored. Consolidated restored the building and the interior rooms, all in accordance with the Superintendent of Fine Arts, as it was called at the time, the new embassy was opened in early November 1961. Restoration work cost the Government Brazil's 350 million lire.