Campo de' Fiori
romeguide_campodefiori08.jpg

Per informazioni e prenotazioni visite guidate / Info and reservation guided tours

Cooperativa IL SOGNO
Viale Regina Margherita, 192 - 00198 ROMA
Tel. 06/85.30.17.58 Fax 06/85.30.17.56
Email: service@romeguide.it

Da Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera

Fino al Quattrocento la piazza non esisteva ancora e al suo posto c'era un prato fiorito con alcuni orti coltivati, da cui il nome.
Nel 1456 Papa Callisto III fece lastricare la zona; ciò faceva parte di un progetto più ampio di risistemazione dell'intero rione Parione. Questo rinnovamento fece sì che molti palazzi importanti fossero costruiti in zona: in particolare, palazzo Orsini dava proprio su Campo de' Fiori.
Per questo motivo la piazza divenne un luogo di passaggio obbligato per personalità di spicco quali ambasciatori e cardinali. Ciò portò un certo benessere nella zona: la piazza divenne sede di un fiorente mercato dei cavalli che si teneva due volte la settimana (lunedì e sabato), ed intorno ad essa sorsero molte locande, alberghi e botteghe di artigiani. La piazza divenne un centro di varie attività, sia commerciali che culturali.
Secondo una leggenda, la piazza deve il suo nome a Flora (donna amata da Pompeo, il quale aveva costruito nei pressi il suo teatro), oppure, più verosimilmente, al fatto che nel XV secolo essa era semplicemente un prato fiorito.
In Campo de' fiori avevano luogo le esecuzioni capitali, e qui il 17 febbraio del 1600 fu arso vivo Giordano Bruno, a ricordo del quale è stato realizzato da Ettore Ferrari nel 1887 un monumento eretto nella stessa piazza.
Dal 1869 è sede di un mercato la cui atmosfera popolare è ben resa dal noto film Campo de' fiori del 1943 con Anna Magnani e Aldo Fabrizi.
Oggigiorno Campo de' fiori è uno dei ritrovi notturni preferiti dai più giovani, sia italiani che stranieri, grazie alla presenza di molti locali e pub non troppo costosi.

Per informazioni e prenotazioni visite guidate / Info and reservation guided tours

Cooperativa IL SOGNO
Viale Regina Margherita, 192 - 00198 ROMA
Tel. 06/85.30.17.58 Fax 06/85.30.17.56
Email: service@romeguide.it

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campo dei Fiori is a rectangular piazza near Piazza Navona in Rome, on the border of rione Parione and rione Regola. Campo dei Fiori, translated literally from Italian, means "field of flowers." The name, no longer appropriate, was first given during the Middle Ages when the area was actually a meadow.
In Ancient Rome the area was unused space between Pompey's Theatre and the flood-prone Tiber. Though the Orsini established themselves on the south flank of the space in the 13th century, until the 15th century the square remained undeveloped. The first church in the immediate vicinity was built during the pontificate of Boniface IX (1389-1404), Santa Brigida a Campo dei Fiori; with the building-up of the rione, the church has now come to face that part of the former Campo that is now Piazza Farnese. In 1456 under Pope Callixtus III, Ludovico Cardinal Trevisani paved the area: this was part of a greater project of improvement of the rione Parione. This renewal was both the result and cause of several important buildings being built in the surroundings; in particular, the Orsini palace on Campo dei Fiori was rebuilt. The Renaissance Palazzo della Cancelleria can be seen in Vasi's etching, rising majestically beyond the far right corner of the Campo.
Campo dei Fiori itself has never been architecturally formalised: the illustration above shows that the edge of the facade of the 17th-century Palazzo Pio offers no finished formal front in the direction of the Campo. Instead, the square has always remained a focus for commercial and street culture: the surrounding streets are named for trades—Via dei Balestrari (crossbow-makers), Via dei Baullari (coffer-makers), Via dei Cappellari (hat-makers), Via dei Chiavari (key-makers) and Via dei Giubbonari (tailors). With new access streets installed by Sixtus IV— Via Florea and Via Pellegrino— the square became a necessary corridor for important people passing between the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano and the Vatican, thus bringing wealth to the area: a flourishing horse market took place twice a week (Monday and Saturday) and a lot of inns, hotels and shops came to be situated in Campo dei Fiori.
Campo de' Fiori in the 1740s, etching by Giuseppe VasiCapital punishments used to be held publicly in Campo dei Fiori: in Vasi's etching the tall permanent gibbet stands in the horse and cattle market. Here, on 17 February 1600, the philosopher Giordano Bruno was burnt alive by the Roman Inquisition because his ideas were deemed dangerous. In 1887 Ettore Ferrari dedicated a monument to him on the exact spot of his death: he stands defiantly facing the Vatican, reinterpreted in the first days of a reunited Italy as a martyr to freedom of speech.
The demolition of a block of housing in 1858 enlarged Campo dei Fiori, and since 1869 there has been a vegetable and flower market there every morning. The ancient fountain "la Terrina" (the "soupbowl") that once watered cattle, resited in 1889, now keeps flowers fresh. Its inscription: FA DEL BEN E LASSA DIRE ("Do well and let them talk") suits the gossipy nature of the marketplace. In the afternoons, local games of football give way to set-ups for outdoor cafés. At night, Campo dei Fiori is a popular meeting place for young people, both Italian and foreign.

Campo dei Fiori ist ein rechteckiger Platz an den Grenzen der Bezirke Parione und Regola. Campo dei Fiori, wortgetreu vom Italienischen ?bersetzt, bedeutet „Feld der Blumen”. Der Name, der nun nicht mehr zutrifft, wurde dem Platz im Mittelalter gegeben, wo dieses Gebiet noch eine Wiese war.

In dieser Zeit war der Platz eine ungenutzte Fläche zwiscehn Pompeys Theater und dem Tiber. Obwohl sich die Orsinis im 13. Jahrhundert an der S?dflanke des Platzes niederließen, blieb der Platz bis zum 15. Jahrhundert unbebaute Fläche. Die erste Kirche, in der direkten Nachbarschaft wurde während der Amtszeit von Boniface IX (1389 – 1404) gebaut, Santa Brigida. 1456 pflasterte Ludovico Cardinal Trevisani das Gebiet, nach einem Auftrag von Papst Callixtus, der auch die Verbesserung des Bezirks Parione betraf. Diese Neuerung war Grund und Ursache zugleich f?r den Bau vieler wichtiger Gebäude.

Campo dei Fiori selbst wurde nie von einem Architekten geformt.

Am 17 Frebruar 1600 wurde der Philosoph Giordano Bruno bei lebendigem Leib verbrannt, weil seine Ideen als gefährlich angesehen wurden. 1887 widmete Ettore Ferrari ihm ein Denkmal, welches genau an der Stelle steht, an der Bruno starb.

Die Zerstörung eines Häuserblocks 1858 vergrößerte Campo dei Fiori. Seit 1869 findet hier jeden Morgen eine Gem?se- und Blumenmarkt statt. Der Brunnen „la Terrina“ (die Suppensch?ssel) der einst als Viehtränke genutzt wurde ubd im Jahr 1889 renoviert wurde dient nun Wasserspender f?r die Blumenhändler. Die Inschrift „Fa Del Ben E Lassa Dire“ (Mach's gut und lass Sie reden) passt zu der geschwätzigen Natur des Marktplatzes. Tags?ber werden hier Leinwände aufgebaut um Fußballspiele zu ?bertragen, nachts ist der Platz ein bekannter Treffpunkt f?r junge Leute aus Ialien wie aus dem Ausland.

Per informazioni e prenotazioni visite guidate / Info and reservation guided tours

Cooperativa IL SOGNO
Viale Regina Margherita, 192 - 00198 ROMA
Tel. 06/85.30.17.58 Fax 06/85.30.17.56
Email: service@romeguide.it

romeguide_campodefiori01.jpg romeguide_campodefiori02.jpg romeguide_campodefiori03.jpg romeguide_campodefiori04.jpg romeguide_campodefiori05.jpg romeguide_campodefiori06.jpg romeguide_campodefiori07.jpg romeguide_campodefiori08.jpg

Per informazioni e prenotazioni visite guidate / Info and reservation guided tours

Cooperativa IL SOGNO
Viale Regina Margherita, 192 - 00198 ROMA
Tel. 06/85.30.17.58 Fax 06/85.30.17.56
Email: service@romeguide.it